Next I am going to share with all of you the results and video of the test Bergsøy IL Fotball A-lag did on Wednesday 13th January at Havila Stadion Fosnavåg.
The conditions for the performance of the test were the next ones:
Place: Havila Stadion Fosnavåg, Herøy. Norway.
Temperature: 2,2 ºC.
Previous to the test:
- The players got an explanation in video about the test and how to performance during it. The video was shown in the locker room.
- The players did by themselves a general warm up of 15 min.
- 19 players of the A-lag of Begsøy IL Fotball, that are training during preseason with the senior team of the club.
- Average age of 21,42 years old.
- 2 goalkeepers, 6 defenders, 7 midfielders and 4 attackers.
I would like to thanks Thomas Sporsheim for filming the video and help during the test.
In the next table you can see the results of the test by player.
The results show the VO2 max of the players calculated in an indirect way, but it is a good scale to know conditioning of the players. In general, players are in a good shape for the moment of the season the team is at this point.
What to do next?
After the results of the test:
- It is the moment to plan the rest of the preseason in conditioning terms. (6 weeks)
- Repeat the test at the end of the preseason test and compare results.